You may have been in this position but really didn’t want to spend $150 on a box with a cd in it(Microsoft Office). Not a lot of people know but there are alternatives to spending a fortune on software out there and the one that will fit your Office needs is OpenOffice.
Have you ever wondered how the so-called super models manage to get in such good shape and stay trim, even after having a family?
Fashion models depend on their slim figures for their livelihood, so it’s imperative that they always look good. Don’t worry, I’m not suggesting that you should embark on a diet of leaves and nuts. I’m not an advocate of the size zero, but I’m sure you’ll find it interesting to know
1. Pack your lunch. This means you will be saving resources as no one will have to cook and clean up after you.
2. Save scrap paper. Ran too many copies of something and have a bunch of extras? Don’t toss it, flip it over and use the back as scratch paper for notes and reminders.
3. Bring your favorite coffee cup from home. This way you do not have to use the disposable cups at your workplace. You can even take your mug with you when you go to the local coffee shop. Most stores are more than happy to fill your mug instead of using their cups.
4. Turn off lights when you leave. Better yet, install sesnor switches that detect movement and turn off lights when no one is present in the room.
5. Make double sided copies. This will trim your paper usage by 40%-50%.
6. Modify your computer’s power usage settings. Go into the control panel and modify the monitor shut off and sleep mode settings down to 5 minutes and 20 minutes respectively.
7. Create a recycling box. Put this in a central location where everyone in your department can easily access it(near the copy machines or in a break room). Encourage employees to recycle aluminum cans, plastics, paper, and other recyclable materials.
Going Green at work has never been easier!